Wednesday 29 November 2017

New work nearly finished, Roy Walker and other drawings.

Wednesday:


Above si the drawing I started in last evenings drawing session and I nearly finished it too and will show it tomorrow when finished, it looks like an abstract code to me and I don't know what you see in it.


Today I have been up to our workshop to do a few things and when I left to meet my wife I went down Barnoon Hill, the scaffolding you see has been erected for the works on The Barbara Hepworth Museums roof, apparently it will re-open some time in March.


I met my wife in the library to get some posters copied and above is this Roy Walker from 1989. I never met Roy but I do know his son and wife and indeed in our previous life as art cafe proprietors we held a retrospective exhibition called Ten which was the first exhibition of his work to commemorate ten years since his passing and was organised by his son Leo, wife Peggy and the family it was a lovely show and even got in The Guardian listings. It is good that some of his work is around in this town. Roy Walker was one of the players in getting The Tate to come to St Ives which has certainly changed the dynamic of this town in many ways.

This is going to be quite a short blog today as I have had quite a lot to deal with with people I never want to work with again and would be wrong of me to write out of anger and frustration.

So I am going to share a few previous works and tgry and think happy thoughts.


Above is a drawing I exhibited this time last year at The St Ives Society of Artists, it sold and I have no idea where it is now.


I also draw on many things other than paper and so above and below two examples of me drawing on rocks.


I am now off to draw and forget about the negative things that have happened today.

No comments:

Post a Comment