Sunday 29 October 2017

New Drawings, BBC 6 Music and Goth.

Sunday:

Today had a nice slow start as we have had an extra hour in the land of nod, after a late breakfast I headed up to Barnoon  Workshop to man the exhibition and we had visitors but in the gaps I drew this drawing below and it is the final page of my latest whole sketchbook works done and I now have to decide what to do with the covers. I shall have to think about that.


My day at the workshop was soundtracked by BBC Radio 4. I have been an occasional listener ever since my twenties, I must admit I find it reassuring in its general consistency of program and its integrity.


Here is a double page spread from a book that I have started dipping into and altering.


Above is a quick pic from outside the workshop to show you into my world a little.

After work today I came back home a listened to Murray Lachlan Young on BBC 6 Music, todays subject, Goth and its lyrics, hadn't quite remembered what a goth I had been as I was really enjoying The Cure, The Sisters Of Mercy, Dead Can Dance and This Mortal Coil etc etc. I will always remember seeing Bauhaus for the first time at their first London gig at The Rock Garden' They were a local band that came from Northampton but I hadn't managed to see them yet so my mate Bill took me to see them. What a good night that was and I had never seen a band like them, fresh, exciting and cutting edge. I was even in a spoof Goth band Lex Wilkinson's Death Grip. I thought we were a rather good take on a halloween goth band. I must see if I can find any of our old material, maybe I will have to search some old mini discs.

Well I am off to draw and to get some thinking done.


No comments:

Post a Comment