Sunday 15 October 2017

New drawing, Hand Held View, Tate St Ives...

Sunday:

Today I have been up at Barnoon Workshop 'manning' the exhibition Hand Held View we had quite a few visitors especially this afternoon, it seems to be quite popular to the eye so far but not to the pocket although it is only the first day. I was up there from 11am until nearly 5pm and we are open tomorrow to and have drawing and watercolour classes too.


 During todays gaps I managed to complete this drawing that has taken three whole sessions and I have actually started the next drawing which is a close relative with a spin.


 Above and below are a record of some of last night proceedings from our opening.




Below is the Klaus Pinter effect with some of the good folk from the open private view. Klaus has quite a CV having had shows of inflatable works from the early 1970's in some very big places across the world. One of the things he seems to do these days is enter all sorts of exhibitions with works on paper, sending through the post. They were great fun.





After 'Klaus Time' we were then treated to some fireworks set off from Man's Head by the Tate St Ives for their re-opening and they seemed to coincide with the closing of our PV.







So after being open as a gallery, for a change we nipped onto Tate's roof garden for a quick look.


Above and below give you a quick snap shot of what we hadn't seen before.


After this we popped into Tate St Ives and went into the shop which we had missed on Wednesday;'s visit as it was rammed. It was nice to see Colin but every member of staff was very busy.

So as a bit of a weekly round up here are the pics I didn't publish before the Tate was properly open.


 A bit of Picasso action along with many others, Alfred Wallis fitting next to Christopher Wood




Erin and my wife Zoe in the new gallery with a Rebecca Warren behind.


This shot gives you some idea of just how vast this new underground space is but doesn't really show off Rebecca Warren's work.

So I am back I think after my computer problems and I will be off to continue my new drawing when I have sorted a couple of other things.




No comments:

Post a Comment