Friday 18 August 2017

Work In Progress, Breathe The Mexican Net Label and 'art, advertising and free pens.

Friday:

My Friday consisted of doing an art tour for four people along the coastal path towards Man's Head we got caught in the rain a couple of times but managed to find shelter and still with plenty to draw, the hour and a half flashed by.

Since then the afternoon seems to have evaporated although I have had my hair cut......


Above is last evenings work in progress and I will try and finish this evening it appears to be in my world a 'bleeding narrative obliterarty'. When I say 'my world' I mean I have created over the last fifteen years a whole body of works mainly drawing and even when painting my wife saw it as me drawing and in many ways I agree either way my work has come out of process, aesthetics and general exploration of medium and tools. I have become totally addicted to pens and markers and have nowhere near enough, sometimes I even get donations from friends of pens or markers they are not using and 'would they be useful?' Useful, of course.
Earlier in the year when I really needed new pens I offered to test whatever Sharpie or Winsor & Newton would send me, unfortunately they didn't play ball although I think I might approach them again in a while to see if I get a different response. Maybe I need to write a more engaging email with a bit more of a back story and maybe even suggest how they could use my drawings to spread the word about their products, especially new ones. I would not mind at all if they used some work for advertising. That has made me think what angle they could use with my images, I think using the right image it would catch a wide market from doodlers to artists on many levels. I am awaiting news of one of my images being used for an electronic music album by Breathe the Mexican net label. Anyway I am now rambling a bit so it is about time I post this blog with my work in progress and get on and try and finish it.

Cheers All.

No comments:

Post a Comment