Thursday 29 December 2016

Dot Theory.




Above is another new drawing that I completed in last evenings drawing session, It is not large but it does have a presence.


Above is a drawing I did a couple of summers ago for and exhibition, I like the challenge of draing on different surfaces.

Above and below are painted dots on a canvas bag, I like to keep my pens in them.


Above and below are several drawings that I have done on some bark that was donated by our friend Tree Stewart. I like to get donations and challenges to draw on I wander what I will get given this coming year.



The title of this blog is 'Dot Theory' which goes someway to encapsulating what i do in my 'contemporary abstract drawing'. Today I have included some dictionary definitions of dot/dots.

noun
noun: dot; plural noun: dots
  1. 1.
    a small round mark or spot.
    "a symbol depicted in coloured dots"
    synonyms:spot, speck, fleck, speckle, point, pinpoint, pinprick, mark, dab; More
    raremacule, macula
    "the photograph is made up of tiny dots"
    • a small round mark written or printed as part of an i or j, as one of a series of marks to signify omission, or as a full stop.
      synonyms:spot, speck, fleck, speckle, point, pinpoint, pinprick, mark, dab; More
      raremacule, macula
      "the photograph is made up of tiny dots"
    • Music
      a small round mark used to denote the lengthening of a note or rest by half, or to indicate staccato.
    • the shorter signal of the two used in Morse code.
    • used to refer to an object that appears tiny because it is far away.
      "they were mere dots on the horizon now"
    • used to indicate the punctuation separating parts of an email or website address.
      "OUP dot com"
verb
verb: dot; 3rd person present: dots; past tense: dotted; past participle: dotted; gerund or present participle: dotting
  1. 1.
    mark with a small spot or spots.
    "wet spots of rain began to dot his shirt"
    synonyms:spot, fleck, bespeckle, mark, dab, stipple, pock, freckle, sprinkle, dust; More
    literarybefleck, bestrew, besprinkle
    "spots of rain began to dot his shirt"
  2. I am off to draw and relax, cheers all until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment