Monday 24 October 2016

New Drawings, drawing class, art drop and weather.


Above and below are two drawings I did last night as examples of drawing on different surfaces for todays Drawing class at Barnoon Workshop. We had a nice little band of drawers and had a lot of fun with pens and sharpies.




Above is a drawing I did on some sea plastic, I forgot to photo my other drawings at the class.

After class I did some running around, picking up a parcel from Penbeagle and more water colour paper from Oxfam in town whilst I was down there I popped into the UYS Gallery, sadly it is now their last week of trading which is a shame for The Gallery, Melanie who runs it and its many patrons and also for us as it is where our art is on sale. It has been open for business for some 18 years and will be sadly missed in town and by quite a few of us artists. There will still be an online presence www.uysgallery.co.uk  Over the passed year or so I have had quite a few sales through this charming gallery. I was greeted today by the fact that I had sold two more works and also the fact that my wife Zoe Eaton had sold a painting to.
There is now a sale on at the gallery for the last week, it is a shame that this country is in such a state with the pound sliding and money getting tight that a place like this cannot remain open. Monday 31st will be a sad day indeed.


After running around town I dropped more leaflets for Barnoon off at The Tate St Ives shop, they have been very supportive of our art venture. At the end of the day we popped into the Rum and Crab Shack for a well deserved pint and to ask them to save some shells for some future workshops. They were very happy to oblige so we will have to pop in again soon to pick up.


Above and below are two shots from around town from the best bits of weather we had today. In between these to pics we have had torrential rain bursts, the drains only just coped but hey better now.


I am off to draw.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment