Thursday 27 October 2016

Cork Drawings and more.


Above is a drawing I started last night and have since got further with it and perhaps I might finish it in tonights drawing session. It has a nice ordered unevenness to it.

Today has been a very busy day of workshop at Barnoon. This morning I led a Beach Find Mosaics workshop for 13 people somehow it got slightly over subscribed normally the limit is 10 and due to circumstances I had to do it on my own, boy was it hard work but we got there and some lovely work was done.

This afternoon I had off from the workshop whilst Erin Lacy and Zoe Eaton did a street art stencils workshop. I saw the pictures after and some lovely work was done. We went for one in the Rum and Crab Shack after we had done. We all deserved it and we also had to pick up a load of muscle shells for future workshop that they had generously saved for us.


Above is a view over Barnoon showing of a beautifully grey but warm late afternoon. These greens and greys go together so well.

Below are some drawings I did probably over a year ago now. We had these cork tile off cuts that we got from the Scraps Store and I was very intrigued what they would be like to draw on. After eyeing them up for a few weeks I got stuck into this series, so here they are.









Over this period of cork drawings they were all done as a sequence and it probably took me 3 weeks. When I look back on this series I am very happy with them to this day.

I have some drawing to do, so off to do it soon. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Bobby - I am using the comment box here as the most immediate way of communicating since I can't find an email address for you. I/we need to get Zoe's feelings/advice about framing and labelling her painting that we now have in our stewardship ... my email is robdonovan@waitrose.com.

    ReplyDelete