Saturday 18 June 2016

New wood drawings, New pens and paper.


The effect my recent book 'Trying to be More Minimal' has had an effect on me a little. Above and the next three were all done yesterday on some small cuts of wood that were donated to me to draw on. I am very happy with all these more minimal wood drawings, in fact I love them so much that I want to finish the series and get a few of them framed.




Above is a complicated minimal wood drawing. I started drawing this about a week ago and every now and then between other drawings I would complete a line or two or even three of dots and here it is finished. I am happy with this one too as it explores many of my previous thoughts.

Today we have been of to Truro our one and only city in Cornwall. It was a lovely afternoon and we were glad to have eaten a hearty breakfast at Frankie's Diner at St Erth so when we arrived it was straight to The Art Cafe for a quick coffee and to contemplate what art materials we need in the near future to complete and inspire new works. We got some more Fabriano, Zoe got some oil paints and linseed oil. I got new Letraset Promarkers and another white gel pen. I was worried that the one I have been using and fallen in love with so I thought I would get back up. They are pictured on a larger drawing that I have only been working on in the gaps.


I must admit to being still being quite childlike when getting new pens or the more adult equivalent of raiding the stationary cupboard when invited to when you get a new job.

Off for more drawing......

No comments:

Post a Comment