Friday 22 April 2016

New Drawing and meor.



Above is a new drawing completed the night before last, quite a subtle one for me just using two colours, the thick end of my new letraset pro marker and a stabilo fine point for the dots.


Above is the half finished reverse side drawing of the on at the top of the page, I will do further work on this later I am sure.

I am averaging 3 or 4 hours drawing a day at the moment it is a good way of relaxing for me helps fight against the stresses of this modern world and my slight lack of 'project' money. I need to get some new works framed and ready for sale but with out a windfall or some sales it makes for slow progress, a very St Ives predicament.


Above is a quick snap of the Porthmeor Beach that I took today while my wife gathered sea weed for drying for our soap making workshop tomorrow at Barnoon. I see why I am drawn to images like this as the seem to be full of dots, well in my mind anyway.

Below is a view of the nearly deserted beach, what a visual prize fro living here that it is just down the road. There have been quite a few sightings of dolphins this week but sadly I have missed them all. Hopefully will catch some again soon, I did see a pod of 20 or more at the end of September last year and it really does raise the spirits. A wonderful beast the dolphin.


At lunch my wife and I walked into town made a quick food grab of a spicy vege sausage roll each from the Cornish Bakery on Fore Street, they are very nice indeed and a sensible price too, we ate them as we went on to visit 'The Cornish Art Fair' at the Guildhall. It was very well set out but at the risk of offending anybody taking part it was spectacularly pedestrian, uninspiring, lack lustre. I didn't hate it all mind one or two things stuck out as 'art' but in a town with such a rich art history it was a poor apology for what art is and lacked almost anything contemporary. Vision is needed for art and it did lack in this fair, I really wanted to support it.

Cheers see you tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment